Local Area Meetings

The local areas hold regular meetings in addition to the bimonthly guild statewide meeting. The state guild is divided geographically into four areas. For information about any area, contact the area chairperson. Please feel free to attend any area meeting. For information on which area is closest to you, contact the webmaster.

Weather alerts for state meetings: If the weather looks dicey, check the link to the University of CT - Greater Hartford campus storm alerts. If the campus is closed, the guild meeting will be cancelled. Note: this is the University of CT - Greater Hartford, NOT the University of Hartford. Always consider your safety first. Weather and road conditions may vary considerably across the state, so all guild members should evaluate their local conditions before venturing out.

Area I - North Central CT 
Meetings held bimonthly from October through June

     (Currently via Zoom)
Area 1 Contacts: Lisa Green, Darcy Topper and Joie McKennerney

The next area meeting will be our annual June picnic. It will take place on Friday, June 4th, at 3pm at Kathleen Luchs’ home.  Please bring something for everyone to share, or if you are uncomfortable with that, bring food for yourself as we celebrate the end of another guild year.
We will discuss the projects that members have developed as a result of our study of this year’s topic, understanding blocks. Those who would like to exchange napkins will do so after the discussion. Also, we’ll decide what next year’s topic will be. Please come with suggestions.

 

The following Friday, June 11th, will be our long awaited Dye Day. Plan to join us at Lisa Green's.  We will probably begin around 10:30 am and continue until the warps are painted and the dye baths are exhausted. Hopefully that will be between 2 and 4pm. The rain date is June 18th, and more details will be emailed to area members closer to the date.

      _________________________________________________________

Area 2 - South Central CT

Meetings held monthly October through June at 7 pm (Currently via Zoom)

Area 2 Contact: Donna Batsford

The May meeting will be Thursday, May 6 at 7:00 via  Zoom. The link will be sent out ahead of time. We will discuss our current projects and any classes we have been taking. As always, there will be show-and-tell. You can send me any pictures you would like to share. It is also a good time to ask weaving questions because there will be other weavers who may have experience with your topic. Our June meeting will be the exchange of the bread cloths we have been weaving for the friendship exchange. Hopefully we will be able to have an actual meeting outside to exchange the towels. Details are yet to be decided. Please contact Donna Batsford with any questions.

      _________________________________________________________

Area 3 - Western CT 

Meetings are held monthly on the second Sunday of the month (Currently via Zoom at 11 am)
Area 3 Contact: Julia Ludlow-Ortner and Sue Taube

We have scheduled Dye Day this year for Saturday, July 10th.  Please think about whether you want to do natural or chemical, and Sue and I will go through everything we have in the Area 3 stash.  Usual gathering time is 10:00 am, usual end time is…whenever.  Mark your calendars! If you are interested in joining us contact Julia Ludlow-Ortner.  Our first meeting of the 2021/2022 year will be September 12th which may be via Zoom or in-person - TBD.

Contact Julia directly to confirm that the meeting is “on” and receive the call-in information. 

   ____________________________________________________________

 

Area 4 - Eastern CT, Southern CT River Valley and Rhode Island
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month (Currently via Zoom at 9:30)
Area 4 Contact: Bev Lewis

We are looking forward to our first face to face meeting May 13th at the barn of Bev Lewis where we will be able to FEEL our show and tell fabrics, share weaving triumphs and "learning events". We hope to still be on zoom for our weavers far away. There will be a paper or fabric marbleizing station set up. 

We are working on making bag kits for the children at DCF. Want to make a bag for a foster child? Instructions here. This project has been publicized in several newspapers and magazines lately.  Please contact me if you would like more information.  This is being coordinated by Michele O. and Sue J. 

Due to the Covid pandemic, the state and local area guild meetings are virtual (Zoom) until further notice