Support the businesses and teachers that support our guild.
- Bloodroot One of the top rated vegetarian restaurants in America. We feature a seasonal vegetarian menu and offer weaving classes to beginners. We are distributors for Schacht, LeClerc and Louet. Discounts available to weavers and spinners.
- FiberArts Studio is a non-profit open studio, making weaving accessible and affordable for everyone. Located in Stonington, CT and open Monday thru Saturday, the studio provides individual instruction by Director Lola Leeming and/or independent membership. Personal looms welcome. Looms for sale.
- Halcyon Yarn has been providing weavers with yarn & fiber, books, tools, looms & wheels for over 40 years. Quality supplies and outstanding service for fiber fanatics. Visit Halcyon Yarn online, by phone, through their catalogs, or onsite in Bath, the center of Maine's mid-coast. When ordering from Halcyon Yarn, let them know that you are a member of the CT guild and every purchase you make is eligible to earn 5% cash back for the guild
- Hartford Artisans Weaving Center The Weaving Center's mission is to promote and teach the craft of handweaving in a supportive and creative community to people with low or no vision and those aged 55 and older. The Center sells handwovens made by the artisans and holds weaving classes to the general public throughout the year. Many brands of weaving fiber, Schacht weaving looms and equipment are available for purchase. Volunteers are always welcome.
- In Sheep's Clothing located in Torrington, CT, guild member Ginger Balch is an Ashford Ashford, Schacht and Louet dealer and carries only the highest quality yarns and weaving, felting and knitting supplies. Ginger teaches rigid heddle weaving and spinning at her store.
- Just Our Yarn Discover the Just our Yarn (JOY) of our luxurious handpainted yarns and fibers for knitters, weavers and spinners. The goal of JOY is to capture unique color and fiber combinations that give that special look and feel to your creations.
- Lucienne Coifman Learn weaving from one of our top instructors in CT. Lucienne is a Harrisville loom and yarn dealer; her weaving studio is located in North Haven, CT.
- Madison Wool is located in Madison, CT. The shop is a fiber lover's paradise. with fine yarns for handknitting plus one of a kind, handspun art yarns that you cannot find anywhere else! We sell spinning wheels and weaving looms, have lessons in knitting , spinning, felting, and weaving, and have a small but mighty creative space for classes.
- New England Yarn and Spindle is located in Bristol, CT. Yarns, classes, knitting needles, hooks, buttons, patterns, roving, notions and gifts. Open every day - check website for hours.
- Stephanie Morton Handweaver Stephanie is committed to honoring and carrying forward our lasting traditions of creating textiles with natural local materials, using only human power and ideas. Contact her to teach you the tricks she has learned to weave bulky-core spun yarn into rugs. Local alpaca yarns from fingering weight through bulky rug yarn available at lower prices to Guild members. Custom rug weaving available
- Vavstuga is a weaving school modeled after the Scandinavian folk and textile schools.We offer year-round intensive classes. Our shop sells Sweidsh yarns, books, tools and looms. New in 2016, a 16 week Väv Immerson program. We are located in Shelburne Falls, MA.
- WEBS is your weaving source with looms and accessories from Toika, Schacht, Leclerc and Harrisville Designs, and our own line of weaving yarns. You are sure to find what you need for your next project. Save up to 25% off your favorite yarns every day! Plus all the tools you need for your next project and more. Located just off i-91 in beautiful Northampton, MA
- The Woolery is a family owned business, serving the fiber arts enthusiast for over 30 years. Our online store sells fiber and equipment for all fiber crafts, including weaving, spinning, hooking, felting, dyeing and knitting. The Woolery participates in a guild rewards program. If you use the link to access their online store, the guild will get up to 5% cash back from our annual purchases.
- Yarn Barn of Kansas A full-service knitting, weaving, spinning and dyeing store that has been in business in Lawrence, KA for 37 years. We sell cotton, cottolin, wool, Henry's Attic, linens, chenille, tencel, bamboo and 49 different spinning fibers. Schacht, Ashford, Harrisville, Leclerc, Kromski, Louet, Toika, Glimakra, Mirrix, and Lendrum dealer.
Weaving Teachers in our Guild
- Ginger Balch (Torrington)
- Peggy Church (Chaplin)
- Lucienne Coifman (North Haven)
- Frances Curran (Hartford)
- Noel Furie & Selma Miriam (Bridgeport)
- Anne Gladczuk Graham (Middletown)
- Barbara Hurley (Easton)
- Lola Liepold (Stonington)
- Stephanie Morton (Old Lyme)
- Brenda Osborn (Essex)
- Terese Ridgeway (Chaplin)
- Janney Simpson (Old Lyme)
- Norma Smayda (Saunderstown, RI)
Other Fiber-related links